I should apologize first for the potential unreadability of this post. I have the worst headache known to mankind right now, and am laying on my bed with my head supported (and immobilized) by pillows. But as a short summary of this weekend...
I don't really have much to report because my flatmate and I decided to take it easy these last few days. On Saturday and Sunday, we didn't leave the apartment, save to go to the grocery store a couple blocks away. I enjoyed the luxury of sleeping in past noon on both days, and spend my waking hours studying Hungarian, reviewing a PDF scan of my math notes from a previous term (nerdy, yes, I know), talking to family and friends back in the US, etc. And in news that is exciting to my roommate and I, but not necessarily to you... we figured out how to use the laundry machine! So now I have two huge drying racks in my room that look like they're about to cave in under the weight of all of our clothes.
Now something potentially unfortunate: I think I'm getting sick. The left side of my throat hurts every time I swallow (am I alone in thinking that this is a very bizarre symptom?), and I really haven't had this bad of a headache in a long time. And that's saying a lot since I get headaches more frequently than is normal. It would suck to get sick, but if I'm going to get sick sometime when I'm in Hungary, it'd be great if it were now. And I don't mean to be a killjoy or anything, but I wouldn't mind missing a day or two of the language class... It's not bad or anything, and I really like my teacher (she speaks French, German, English, Korean, and just started to learn Chinese!), but it's just way too much school. We get there at 9 in the morning and don't finish until 4, and I think I've lost my ability to sit through that much instruction. I have no idea how I ever managed that sort of schedule in high school, because I certainly can't handle it now! In spite of all the long school hours, it's pretty cool to learn Hungarian---with every hour that I spend trying to understand the grammatical structure and memorize vocabulary, there is a steady increase in my ability to communicate with the people of this country. It's just that I miss math, and, well, can't we just start classes already?
No comments:
Post a Comment