Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Day 76: Hummus, a Ballet, Mango Lassi, and a Bit of Procrastination

I went out with some friends to this place called Hummus Bar. It's fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. I'm definitely going back there sometime, in particular sometime when I actually have time to chew my food thoroughly. See, we had a ballet at the opera house to catch at 7, and we got to the restaurant at 6:15, and the food didn't come out until 6:30, and so for 20 minutes, we all wolfed down our food like hungry hippos. But it was delicious. Next time, I would prefer to have time to actually enjoy it all. Anyway. We rushed over to the opera house (we had gone once before to see Der Rosenkavalier, a 5-hour long opera), this time to see a ballet-style performance, i.e. pieces choreographed to Tchaikovsky, Bach, and a whole sequence of Gershwin). I enjoyed it quite a lot. On our walk back to our apartment (look! I'm keeping up my resolution to walk every day!), we stopped by an Indian place to get Mango Lassi, and now, after a rushed meal of mashed-up chickpeas and deep-fried chickpeas, and an on-the-go yogurt drink, my stomach hurts. And I have a lot of work to do. I haven't done representation theory in a week, and I have functional analysis to do, too, and I have a midterm next week, and my algebraic number theory set is due on Tuesday. And yet. I am here. Not doing work. And this weekend I'll be in Transylvania (for Halloween, you see), hunting vampires and not doing work. So all-in-all, to quote Leonard from The Big Bang Theory, I am "attached to another object by an incline plane wrapped helically around an axis." Embarrassingly enough, I don't know enough physics to understand if that actually makes sense or not, but the point was this: I'm screwed. I should actually go work now.

No comments:

Post a Comment