Monday, March 7, 2011

Day 204: Work, Work, Work

Tomorrow's the start of Oxford's eighth week, which is the last week of Hilary term. I think in a few days, it'll feel quite nostalgic, but for now, I'm sort of drowning in work. But exciting news: I finished the final drafts of both my essays for my sociology course today (YAY!!!), which means that I am done with my coursework for that class! It's been quite busy, so I'm very glad to at least have one thing off my page. To give a gist of how much work I have done/have to do... here's what I've done in the last few days:
  • Looked over notes for the Schur algebra seminar
  • Read 50 pages of lecture notes on local fields
  • Read several chapters on some local representation theory
  • Did some exercises on local fields and local representation theory
  • Typed stuff
  • Wrote up tutorial syllabuses
  • Wrote tutorial evaluations
  • Edited two papers
I also ran twice! Three miles each time. It's getting too easy. I think I might go for longer next time, whenever that is. Or maybe I should just try to run it faster. In the next couple of days, I will:
  • Turn in two papers
  • Turn in solutions for local fields
  • Turn in solutions for representation theory
  • Play in two different orchestra concerts
  • Go to my last lectures at Oxford
Hm. It occurs to me that this list isn't actually that long after all. I had this idea that I just had an absolutely massive workload and it would be impossible to fit everything in, but the list isn't actually that insane. I wonder what I've been doing with all of my time, then... I feel like I haven't really done much other than work, and yet it also looks like I'm not actually doing that much work... Hm. I'll think more about this later. It's midnight. So it's past my bedtime. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment