Today, for the first time in my life, I looked right first before I crossed the street. Now, this may seem like a really minor happening, and yes, certainly, in the large scheme of things (or even in the small scheme of things), this maybe a completely negligible event, but still. I looked right first. Welcome to the UK.
I really love these sorts of things. It's the stuff that locals don't pay attention to that really gets me excited about settling into a new place. For example, I got really excited when I got used to the weigh-your-own-produce-and-print-out-a-barcode-sticker thing that they have a Spar in Budapest. And the other day, I got really excited when I knew how to use the self-check-out cashier things they have in grocery stores here in Oxford. And right now, I'm really excited about this whole crossing the street business. It's fantastic.
Anyway. I got a mini-USB-to-USB cable today! So! Pictures!
Here are some of Oxford:
 |
You have to climb up this super-narrow staircase
to get to the tower at the top of St. Mary's. |
 |
| But once you get to the top, the views are incredible. |
 |
| A street in Oxford. I love the lights. |
 |
| They should have these signs in Budapest. |
 |
| Around Christ Church. |
Day trip to London!
 |
| There aren't many days when you get a sky this beautiful in London. |
 |
| So on days like this, places like St. Johns Park are good places to be. |
 |
| This just makes me smile. Not sure why. |
I really love Oxford. It's beautiful and super convenient because it's a college town. Only complaint: everything's really expensive. It's really crazy. And it seems even more expensive because I came straight from Budapest. Bah.
Oh! And as an exciting side note... my roommate saw Emma Watson today!
No comments:
Post a Comment