Sunday, February 20, 2011

Day 190: I hate shopping. Also, it's almost the end of term. And just one more thing... I've actually been running!

I hate shopping. I went out for two hours yesterday looking for shoes. I came back with jeans. I'm pretty excited about the purchase of new jeans, but still: no shoes. I'm considering just getting a pair of black sneakers. Appropriate for the stage, where, as a violin-player, my footwear will be quite visible to the audience? We'll see how desperate I get.

I can't believe it's already fifth week. The end of fifth week, in fact. And then it will be sixth week, and then seventh week, and then this Oxford term will be over. :( I'm really enjoying it here... I study most of the time and I have a lot of motivation to work because I love the stuff I get to learn about, and I love that I basically have every waking minute available to just sit down and try to learn something cool. (As in, I don't have that much class, and aside from orchestra rehearsals, I don't really have that much on my schedule.) In some ways, I wish I were staying for an extra term---perhaps then I could continue working with my tutors and we could do even more, now that we've sort of set a foundation for things. But it will be good to head back to the States after what will be seven (?!?!) months of being in Europe. It will be good to go home, and it will be good to return to Stanford after a several-quarter hiatus.

But enough talk about the end of things... I still have a few weeks left here, so I should make the most of it! Oh! I've actually kept up my resolution of running twice a week. It's been good. In fact, I just came back from a run, which puts my total this week to... 6 miles! Most excellent. It makes me feel healthy and athletic (though the second adjective is a pretty big stretch...), and I think it's especially good because when I'm not running or walking to class, I'm sitting at my desk studying, or I'm sitting in front of a stand playing music, or I'm lying in bed being lazy and/or sleeping. So anyway. On with my day. Which means: MATHS! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment